Friday, August 30, 2013

Cliff Morgan - What A Great Bloke http://www.davidicke.com/headlines/89972-cliff-morgan-what-a-great-bloke   Cliff Morgan, as I knew him. The BBC is a deeply disturbed organisation where they get so confused they stab each other in the chest, but Welsh rugby great Cliff Morgan, who has died aged 83, became a BBC sport and outside broadcast executive who defied that norm. He was head of BBC outside broadcasting when I worked in that area and he was by far the nicest, most decent man that I ever knew at the BBC. He was less a man and more a spirit and ironically I now know that he spent the last decade of his life on the Isle of Wight where I live but we never met there. I am sad about that because there were so many conversations we could have had. Cliff took time to help me when I was a young broadcaster at the BBC and he once said: 'David ... never lose your sense of wonder'. I never have, Cliff. All the best, mate. See here ...     Sent by gReader

No comments: